Friday, April 30, 2010

First post: welcome!

Hello and thanks for visiting! I’ve long been addicted to sending and receiving things through the post, and recently came across several sites which made me decide to get more involved in swapping and penpalling - and thanks to the inspiration of various letter-writing/penpal/postal blogs I’m also going to start a blog of what I send and receive: welcome to my postal-related ramblings!

This is my first attempt at blogging so it may take a little while for me to get the hang of how to set things out and make everything look pretty. Any advice from more experienced bloggers would be very gratefully received!

A little about me in case you’d like to read it: I’m a 30-year old Englisher although living in self-imposed exile at the moment (for love!). Being self-employed and working at home for the last 5 years has fuelled my postal obsession as I am usually around when the mail is delivered (distraction from work!)... making me count the seconds till the postie shows up! I also have a liking for postboxes and am trying to collect photos of them wherever I go. If you’d like to send me pictures of postboxes (mailboxes) – or indeed anything mail-related – where you live I’d love to receive them and will publish them here with your permission.

Things I enjoy apart from mail include reading, travelling, languages, old films, walking, history (especially the Victorian age and early 20th century), tarot/the occult, world music… and lots more I can’t think of right now. ‘Cuteness’ also appeals to me and my inner child (lol) encourages me to decorate my letters and postcards with pretty stuff! My collection of stationery, stickers, random pretty stuff and things that might come in handy one day never fails to astound my boyfriend…

1 comment:

  1. I think your site it great. Congrats!

    J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete