Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Winging their way to my swap partners...





As soon as I saw a vintage postcard swap on SwapBot, I had to sign up straight away! Vintage pictures and adverts are my favourite type of postcard (or maybe... well, I have so many favourites, it's hard to say, but they are high up on the list) so I had lots of fun choosing cards for my swap partners. The two I sent show a shopping street in Quebec in 1947 - the old cars and shop fronts were what appealed to me about this, and a picture of George Rodrigue's garage, in the main street of Valcourt, Quebec in about 1935. I'm betting the main street doesn't look much like that now!

Thanks for reading - hope the postman brings you something nice!

1 comment:

  1. I love the vintage cards too. I have a small collection now of cards from my area. I'd hoped to compare then and now but some of the locations just don't exist anymore.

    ReplyDelete